Friday, August 30, 2019

Prayer of a Parkinson's Patient

It has been a very long time since I tried my hand at poetry, but this week I began writing out some of the things I was thinking and feeling and out of those thoughts came this poem. I hope it blesses and encourages you.



Prayer of a Parkinson’s Patient
Charles Mickles

Most nights sleep eludes me, I rarely find rest.
I stumble and fall and my walking’s not the best.
I’m stiff and I’m slow, and it’s hard to get around
I laugh and I cry, and sometimes I’m down.

Often I wonder if I’ll get through the week.
The road seems so long and the future looks bleak.
I many times wonder how I will fare,
And if I stopped in this place, I would be in despair.

I work to keep going with all of my might,
But my life and my day is more than this fight.
Each day this disease does greatly affect me,
But I will not let this illness define me.

I know you will give me the strength for each day,
And help as I walk on this difficult way.
I will not despair, or give into fear,
For you’re always with me, so close and so near.

So today I simply ask for the strength to keep going,
To take the next step, and never quit fighting.
You have surrounded me with great love and support,
To walk with me, encourage me and always exhort.

Help me see the blessings I’m given each day,
To encourage and strengthen as I walk on this way.
Daily remind me of why I continue to fight,
And help me see that my future is still bright.

In spite of the darkness, and in the blackest of night,
You will not abandon me in this tough fight.
You will always be here, walking with me,
In your rest and your peace, may I always be.

So today I say thank you for all that I see,
The ups and the downs, and each victory.
Thank you for those with me each step of the way,
And thank you for giving me one more sweet day.

Day by Day: My Journey with Parkinson's Facebook Page
Christian Support for Parkinson's

1 comment:

  1. My husband was diagnosed with early onset Parkinson's disease at 57.his symptoms were shuffling of feet,slurred speech, low volume speech, degradation of hand writing, horrible driving skills, right arm held at 45 degree angle, things were tough for me, but now he finally free from the disease with the help of total cure from ULTIMATE LIFE CLINIC, he now walks properly and all symptoms has reversed, he had trouble with balance especially at night, getting into the shower and exiting it is difficult,getting into bed is also another thing he finds impossible.we had to find a better solution for his condition which has really helped him a lot,the biggest helped we had was ultimate life clinic they walked us through the proper steps,i recommended this www.ultimatelifeclinic.com to anyone who needs there help.

    ReplyDelete

"Let It Go" - Why Are You Holding On To That

“Let it go.” – Frozen (every parent’s favorite movie)