Sunday, December 27, 2020

My Inspiration


It is 2 a.m., December 27th, our anniversary, and surprise, surprise, I am still awake. Sleep very often alludes me, and tonight is one of those nights, but as I sit here, looking back on our journey, I am overwhelmed with just how blessed a man I am.

Living with me is not easy (I am sure my sister would give a hearty AMEN to that statement) – and I am not just talking about dealing with all my health issues and the fact that I am a man. Yet through it all, I have someone who has remained by my side supporting, loving, and strengthening me. 

23 years ago, she had no idea what she was signing on for – our life has been many things, but easy has not been one of them. Neither of us knew the crazy path our lives would take. For many, in the same circumstance, they would have jumped ship. For others, bitterness and anger would have crept in, but for my bride, it served as the crucible to strengthen our love and bind us even closer together. 

Sure, we have had many ups and downs, but through it all, she has stayed by my side. She has supported me in my battles and struggles, and has held me up when I could not even stand. When our world was “shaken”, she was my rock. When I felt I could no longer hold on, she held me tight. 

She loves me with a sacrificial love, and helps me as I walk the difficult journey before me. She loves me, even when I do not love myself, and many days is the reason I keep fighting. She never makes me feel guilty for the physical limitations I have, and still looks with hope to our future, even though that future can sometimes seem bleak. 

She cares for and loves our family and others well, and she truly is an example of Proverbs 31. When I consider that 23 years ago, she said “I do” to "this", I am truly amazed and humbled at how blessed I truly am. 

23 years ago you said “I do” babe, and our journey began – not the journey either of us expected – but one that truly has made us “one”. I could not have done this journey without you. So thankful for the last 23 years. I do not know what our future holds, but I am thankful for your love and commitment to me. I love you – here is to hoping for at least 23 more. 

I love you more than you will ever know. Thank you for sticking with me and for loving me through it all. You truly are my inspiration. 

8 comments:

  1. My wife was diagnosed of Parkinsons Disease at age 59. She had slurred
    speech and severe tremors, she was put on sinemet and Siferol for over
    14 months. During this time span she was also diagnosed with dementia.
    Her care provider adivce we start on herbal treatment from ULTIMATE
    HEALTH HOME (Reach them at ultimatehealthhome@gmail.com). Within 2
    months on the treatment she improved dramatically. At the end of the
    full treatment course, the disease is totally under control, no case
    of hallucination, tremors, weakness, muscle pain and she can walk
    just fine

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

  3. My husband was diagnosed with early onset Parkinson's disease at 67.his symptoms were shuffling of feet,slurred speech, low volume speech, degradation of hand writing, horrible driving skills, right arm held at 45 degree angle, things were tough for me,I too was diagnosed of COPD but now we both finally free from those diseases with the help of total cure ultimatehealthhome,he now walks properly and all symptoms has reversed, he had trouble with balance especially at night, getting into the shower and exiting it is difficult,getting into bed is also another thing he finds impossible.we had to find a better solution for his condition which has really helped him a lot,the biggest helped we had was ultimatehealthhome@gmail.com, they walked us through the proper steps,am highly recommended this ultimatehealthhome to anyone who needs help.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i was diagnosed of parkinson disease 5 years ago,i started azilect,then mirapex as the disease progressed in february last year,and i started on parkinson disease Herbal medicine from ultimate herbal home,few months into the treatment i made a significant recovery,almost all my symptoms are gone,great improvement with my movement and balance,it been a year and life has been so good for me,contact them at ultimatehealthhome@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was diagnosed 3 years ago at age 56. Symptoms were tremor in right leg, loss of handwriting ability, and soft voice. I also have difficulty rising from a seated position and have balance issues. I started out taking only Azilect, then Mirapex, and 6 months ago Sinemet. Several months ago I started falling frequently, hence the reason for Sinemet. I tried every shots available but nothing worked. I have been reading about thiamine and want to start him on high dose therapy (hoping that his symptoms do not become worse). In June 2018, my neurologist and I decided to go with natural treatment and was introduced to Dr Fabien, i contacted him at www.kunimeherbs.com. I wanted to know more about him before I go ahead with the kunime herbal medicine. I was extra cautious about anything like this. I had a few doubts in my mind, I have searched all over. he explained to me how the kunime medicine works to cure Parkinson’s disease. I discussed with my husband, he permitted me to try it. I made an order for the herbal medicine. I started using the medicine, I noticed tremendous changes, I had a total decline of symptoms with this treatment, the Tremor, falling frequently, stiffness, body weakness, balance issues, depression and others has subsided. After 5 months of using the Herbal medication, I was 100% free from Parkinson’s disease. I've really learned to appreciate life now. Having this disease has taught me patience and not to take the little things such as being able to talk or to smile for granted. This treatment is a breakthrough for all suffering from Parkinson’s, don’t give up Hope. Kunime herbs are truly gift from God. No more people have to be diagnosed and burdened with this disease. 409 209-0379

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

  7. My husband was diagnosed with early onset Parkinson's disease at 57.his symptoms were shuffling of feet,slurred speech, low volume speech, degradation of hand writing, horrible driving skills, right arm held at 45 degree angle, things were tough for me, but now he finally free from the disease with the help of total cure from ULTIMATE LIFE CLINIC, he now walks properly and all symptoms has reversed, he had trouble with balance especially at night, getting into the shower and exiting it is difficult,getting into bed is also another thing he finds impossible.we had to find a better solution for his condition which has really helped him a lot,the biggest helped we had was ultimate life clinic they walked us through the proper steps,i recommended this www.ultimatelifeclinic.com to anyone who needs there help.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was diagnosed with Parkinson's disease nearly 4 years ago, at 51. I had a stooped posture, tremors, muscle stiffness, sleeplessness, slow movement. I was placed on Sinemet for 7 months and then Sifrol and Rotigotine was introduced which replaced the Sinemet but I had to stop due to side effects. Last year, I started on Parkinsons disease herbal treatment from Madida Herbal Clinic, this natural herbal treatment totally reversed my Parkinsons disease. WhatsApp +27630194439 or email madidaherbalcenter@gmail.com, or visit www.madidaherbalcenter.com for more information.  The treatment worked incredibly for my Parkinsons disease, i have a total decline in symptoms including tremors, stiffness, slow movement and others.

    ReplyDelete

"Let It Go" - Why Are You Holding On To That

“Let it go.” – Frozen (every parent’s favorite movie)